Medical Tourism is one of the hottest industries out there. The most obvious reason for the humungous growth of this industry can be attributed to rising domestic healthcare prices. Treatments performed abroad include and is not limited to surgical, cosmetic, dental and optical, performed in excellent healthcare facilities. However, it is very essential to select the foreign healthcare provider or facility after a lot of consideration, as this decision involves your health, which beyond doubt is of utmost importance.
Here are some great tips to help you select quality healthcare providers while considering traveling abroad to seek medical treatment –
- Do not merely rely on the internet to help you connect with a physician or medical facility. Some websites can be advertising strategies to get businesses promoted. Gather more information about the provider including patient testimonials, patient reviews and ratings.
- Make sure you have a conference call with the physician or the physician’s representative prior to finalizing your medical travel arrangements. Prepare your list of questions for the physician including any clarifications that you need on treatment costs and post treatment costs.
- Cost cutting tip – while cutting costs is everyone’s dream, going with the lowest bid may not be the best choice when selecting a healthcare provider. Always make sure you select a well experienced provider and/or a reputed medical tourism company who will help you make the best decisions with your health.
- Before leaving your hometown, make sure your medical travel is well planned and get as much as you can in writing including estimated treatment costs, boarding and lodging expenses, post treatment facility costs and other miscellaneous expenditure that might be involved as part of your travel.
- Ensure the credibility of the physician who is providing your treatment. Does he have healthcare certifications? Has he been trained in the U.S? How many years of experience does he have in his chosen line of specialty? Has he or she been actively involved with medical tourism and treating patients from abroad?
The International Board of Medicine and Surgery (IBMS) is a global organization that connects patients with highly qualified healthcare providers worldwide. You can now make informed decisions with confidence when it comes to medical tourism. IBMS Certified members are Physicians, Surgeons, Dentists, Other Healthcare Professionals and Centers of Healthcare Excellence. The IBMS website offers a comprehensive search functionality where you can search for healthcare providers that are IBMS certified or affiliated. You cannot go wrong with IBMS when it comes to getting quality healthcare treatment worldwide!